Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Missing you

I have had a difficult emotional last few days. It makes 5 years this week that my only sister died of cancer and I still miss her terribly. We were only 2 years apart in age. I guess part of it was because it made me think of the grandchildren she would never get to know. I thought about her when we found out we were going to be grandparents again this fall. I wanted to tell her and then I realized I couldn't. I know in my head that one day I will see her again but it doesn't help my heart any right now.
This was taken a couple of years before she was diagnoses with cancer. She was like me in a lot of ways. She loved anything outdoors especially riding horses and fishing. She is the one on the right and this is her daughter Robin with her.








Adele is on the right hand side with Robin again. This was just before she got sick.

















This was taken at her last Christmas a couple of months before she died. She had already lost a lot of weight. This is my last picture I have of her.

2 comments:

Mary Siever said...

Mum

My prayers and thoughts are with you. I know how sorrowful this is for you.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, she looks JUST like you!! I know that bond... Big hugs my friend!!

Carmen