Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring and Poppin'Poppin"

I had a 2 year old granddaughter sleeping over all last week and every time she climbed up on my lap (which was often) she kept saying poppin poppin which is her way of saying Popcorn Popping which is the name of a song that goes:

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree
Spring has brought me such a nice surprise
Blossoms popping right before my eyes
I can take an arm full to make a treat
A popcorn ball that would smell so sweet
It wasn't really so but it seemed to me
Popcorn popping on the apricot tree.

Then when you finished singing she would just say "more". This morning when I opened up my blinds and curtains I was met with cherry trees covered in blossoms and the sun was shining strong. It made me smile as I thought of this little munchkin and her poppin poppin and wondered if she understood what blossoms on a tree meant lol. But as I opened up the blinds I noticed how dirty the windows were so I opened them all up wide as well as the patio door and started cleaning. First the doors then the windows then went in the bedroom to do those ones and thought time to flip the mattress over and change into summer bedding. Then went from that to laundry.

Then as I cleaned the couch I lifted the cushions and found all sorts of treats so got that vaccumed which in turn became behind the furniture and under the furniture then the closets as I went to put laundry away. I dry cleaned all my winter suits and got them put away in the other closet. You have to love the home dry cleaning kit!!!! No more dry cleaning bills!

Then I went to do the bathrooms and went to clean out under the sink and turned. I was reminded of WHY I DO NOT do spring cleaning anymore nor vacuum nor do walls and windows. I stopped what I was doing even though in my mind I still had lots more to do. I knew I would be in pain before long and tomorrow would be worse. But as I stood at the kitchen window to get a drink of water I inhaled the clean scent of my home, the clean scent of freshly washed laundry and I looked at the cherry tree as it poppin poppined right before my eyes :)

0 comments: