Monday, March 08, 2010

Rest in Peace

Tomorrow will be a hard day for Keith. Tomorrow his uncle will be buried. There was only 13 years separating them and he was more of a big brother then an uncle. They have always been very close and Keith has talked a great deal about his early years at his grandfather's cabin during school vacation and summer holidays. After his grandfather passed away and his uncle and aunt took over the cabin they always had an open door policy for Keith.

When Keith and I first got together, his uncle took me aside one day and told me to take care of his "little boy" and to make sure nothing bad ever happened to him or I would have to answer to him. I gave him my word I would. Over the years he has many times thanked me for keeping my promise, for standing by Keith, for always believing in him when it seemed no one did. When we lived in Regina, we spent nearly every weekend at the beach and when I felt that we were overstaying our welcome and told Keith we should camp at the campground, his uncle came up to me to ask if they had done something to upset me. I told him no and why would he think that. He said because I didn't want to stay there anymore. I told him we had 5 small children and that it was for their own sanity that we were at the campground. I reminded him that they were their father's children and when I felt they needed a time out I needed to make sure that there wouldn't be anyone they could run to that would override me. He understood that and we came to a compromise. We stayed at the campground to sleep but spent the days and evenings at the cabin.

When I got the call last week of his death I wracked my brain to find a way to break the news to him but there was no easy way. Keith could sense it cause as soon as he walked in he looked at me and asked who died. When I told him, I could see the wall shut down over his face and his shoulders squared back.

He has been going back and forth between the want to be there for the funeral and the need to be here for our grandchild that is due any day. He finally was able to reach his aunt by phone on the weekend and spent a couple of hours with her. She told him he knew how his uncle felt about his own grandchildren and great grandchildren and that is where Keith needed to be right now. She told him they would be dealing with the ashes this summer at a private ceremony and that he could come then.

Tomorrow will be a long day for Keith as well as other as other members of his family and my heart goes out to all of them. Rest in peace Uncle Harry rest in peace

Haysom, Harry Published: 2010-03-05 Harry Haysom 1940 2010 The family is sad to announce the passing of Harry Haysom on Friday, February 26, 2010, in Regina, SK at the age of 69 years. Harry was predeceased by his grandfather Harry Hodgson and his mother Elsie Ring. Left to cherish his memory are his wife Judy; children Bill (Noreen), Randy (Mary Lee), Brenda (Robbie), & Darrell (Angelique); grandchildren Troy, Chelsea, Bryanna, Brendan, Rj, Denby, Alexandra, Courtney, Alyson, Kyle, Layton, Jacelynn, & Curtis; great grandchildren Colten & Katelynn; siblings Bernard, Barbara (Larry), Frank (Jan), Marianne (Mike), and several nieces, nephews and good friends. Harry lived his life to the fullest and believed in giving back to his community. One of his greatest loves was sports with wrestling & football being his favourites. Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 2:00 pm in the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, donations in Harry's memory can be given to your local amateur sport group. 1453241 ">

www.saskobitsandmemoriams.com

2010-03-05

Haysom, Harry
Published: 2010-03-05

Harry Haysom 1940 2010 The family is sad to announce the passing of Harry Haysom on Friday, February 26, 2010, in Regina, SK at the age of 69 years. Harry was predeceased by his grandfather Harry Hodgson and his mother Elsie Ring. Left to cherish his memory are his wife Judy; children Bill (Noreen), Randy (Mary Lee), Brenda (Robbie), & Darrell (Angelique); grandchildren Troy, Chelsea, Bryanna, Brendan, Rj, Denby, Alexandra, Courtney, Alyson, Kyle, Layton, Jacelynn, & Curtis; great grandchildren Colten & Katelynn; siblings Bernard, Barbara (Larry), Frank (Jan), Marianne (Mike), and several nieces, nephews and good friends. Harry lived his life to the fullest and believed in giving back to his community. One of his greatest loves was sports with wrestling & football being his favourites. Memorial Service will be held on Tuesday, March 9, 2010 at 2:00 pm in the Chapel of Lee Funeral Home. In lieu of flowers, donations in Harry's memory can be given to your local amateur sport group. 1453241



0 comments: