Wednesday, October 17, 2007

CHOCOLATE

We as in Keith and I were at Costco the other day and of course we end up picking a day where there are food tasting at every corner. I usually am quite immune to trying anything as it usually is calorie ridden and I just don't go there. But we came around a corner and they were displaying cookies.. shortbread cookies dipped different ways in chocolate.

I walked away and did about 3 more aisles all the while listening to that dang chocolate shortbread screaming my name. So fine.. I'm weak what can I say.. I go back and have some. It was after all only HALF a cookie. Keith had already had at least 3. He can sweet talk (No pun intended) anyone into anything. I take one bite of it and nearly gagged. Actually I must have out loud cause the person in front of me turned to look at me. I turned to Keith and opened my mouth as if to spit it out and realized I had nothing to spit into. Now had it been one of my grandkids doing that I would have just stuck my bare hand out and took what was coming out of their mouth.

But no such luck with Keith so I swallowed it. OH MY GOSH!! It was vile it was by far the MOST horrid tasting thing I had ever tasted!!! Keith of course by this time is nearly wetting his pants he thinks it is so funny. Then I guess he realized by the look on my face he had better stop laughing that very second and stopped cold turkey. I looked at him and very quietly said " Why did you let me go eat that knowing full well that was dark truffle chocolate on that cookie?"

He replied "chocolate is chocolate what's the difference .. you like chocolate". So I had to spend the rest of our shopping expedition explaining to him the differences in chocolate. I like chocolate bars, I like milk chocolate, I like white chocolate, I like hot chocolate on cold days, I like hot fudge sauce. I do NOT like dark chocolate, I do not like chocolate cake, I do not like chocolate milk or shake, I do not like chocolate icing and most of all I HATE absolutely HATE truffle chocolate. By the end of this conversation we had reached the checkout and he just looked at me and said " You give me a headache. How am I supposed to remember all that"?

Men!! I mean really!! How hard is it to remember different kinds of chocolate. If they can remember the sizes of all their screwdrivers and bits why can't they remember facts about chocolate?

2 comments:

Carmen said...

Hmmm, well, I have to say that I could not remember all that either... You are too complicated!! And WHO doesn't like chocolate cake?? That is all I like. I don't like anything else chocolate, but cake. Oh ya! Bring it on!! hee hee

Redneckliber said...

Sally I totally agree with you on the chocolate issue
Peggy