Monday, January 04, 2010

2009 Reflections

1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
took my children to Hawaii

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I rarely make NY resolutions but this year I have made 2: work on being more patient with others and to be off 75% of my medication by end of year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
yes one of our sons and daughters in law

4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes a very good friend

5. What countries did you visit?
Only the USA.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
a home business that makes money

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 31st. We had a family reunion for my paternal side of my family. I got to see over 140 members of my family, some I had never met some I had not seen in a couple of decades

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Overcoming cancer

9. What was your biggest failure?
putting so much burden on Keith

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
no injuries and as for illness..just recouperating from all the surgeries

11. What was the best thing you bought?
tickets to Hawaii for our family

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Keith's

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one that I can think of

14. Where did most of your money go?
what money?

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
our family reunion

16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Remember When by Alan Jackson

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? same
iii. richer or poorer? same

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
gotten on my knees

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
snap

20. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Nope, I was already in love.

21. What was your favorite TV program?
Survivor, Amazing Race CSI's

22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Nope

23. What was the best book you read?
When Thou Art Truly Converted

24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I could listen to music that wasn't country

25. What did you want and get?
finish the year cancer free

26. What did you want and not get?
all of our family in Hawaii

27. What was your favourite film of this year?
The Blind Side with Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Keith took me out for a surprise picnic - 53

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I can't think of anything

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
same as always, comfy casual

31. What kept you sane?
Keith

32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
hmmm can't think of anyone

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
H1N1 - people freaked out! My goodness!

34. Who did you miss?
my family back home as always

35. Who was the best new person you met?
I can't think of anyone new that I met

 36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
That I can delegate and still live

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I'm Alive -Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews


So damn easy to say that life's so hard
Everybody's got their share of battle scars
As for me, I'd like to thank my lucky stars that I'm alive and well...
It'd be easy to add up all the pain
And all the dreams you sat and watched go up in flames
Dwell on the wreckage as it smolders in the rain
But not me...I'm alive

(Chorus)
And today you know that's good enough for me
Breathin' in and out's a blessing can't you see
Today's the first day of the rest of my life and I'm alive
And well...I'm alive and well

The stars are dancin' on the water here tonight
It's gonna fall a soul when there's not a soul in sight
This boat has caught its wind and brought me back to life now I'm alive and well

0 comments: