Saturday, September 05, 2009

To My Dear Friend

Today I grieve for the loss of my dear friend. When I had my mastectomy last year she kept me together, held my head out of the puke bucket, arranged for someone to stay with me, feed my family for 3 weeks till my mother got here and took over like only a mom can do. These last couple of weeks I watched her slip farther and farther away. Then in her last hour I watched her face turn into peace, her breathing became less rattly and noisy, she became quiet and I knew she had started her path towards her next life and she was ready.

I told her I loved her right in her ear right till the last breath. I know hearing is the last sense that leaves a person and I needed to make sure she knew I had kept my promise to her and had not left her alone.

I know that if my friend could stand in front of those of us who are grieving at the loss, I think this is what she would tell us:

I've traveled paths you've yet to walk
Learned new lessons old and new
And now this wisdom of my life
I'm blessed to share with you

Let kindness spread like sunshine
Embrace those who are sad and grieving now
Respect their dignity, give them joy
And leave them feeling glad

Forgive those who have slighted you, offended you
And though you have your pride
Listen closely to their viewpoint
Try to always see the other side

Walk softly when you are angry
Try not to take offense
Invoke your sense of humour
Laughter's power is immense!

Express what you're feeling
Your beliefs you should uphold
Don't shy from what is right
Be courageous and be bold

Keep hope right in your pocket
It will guide you day by day
Take it out when it is needed
When it's near you will find a way.

Remember friends and family
Of which you you are a precious part
Love deeply and love truly
Give freely from your heart

The world is far from perfect
There will always be conflict and strife
But you can still make a difference
By how you live your life

Take your marriages to heart
Learn to forgive hurts
Learn to say "I'm sorry will you forgive me?"
Life is too short to let things get to you

Take those disagreements with others
As a way to communicate your feelings
If often is difficult to see another's view
But forgive and ask for a new beginning

No life is worth wasting
Every marriage has worth and worth saving
Families need to be together and eternal
So do what you need to do to, stand strong and do not cave

I have been very blessed to know
The wonders you have done and will continue to do
Because you are my family and friends
And I have always believed in you.

Take care my dear friend,I shall miss you dearly but I will remember our time together, I will remember the laughter we shared, the tears we wept, the hugs we gave one another. I will remember the love we had together. Be at peace now and let Heavenly Father take you home now. Save a good spot for me! I love you.

0 comments: