Monday, September 17, 2007

Marathon Relay

Will wonders never cease??? I have just signed up for a marathon relay the weekend of Sept 28/29, I will have a 2 mile leg and a 5 mile leg (this one is the last leg). I will only be walking it as if I ran they would have to scrape me off the pavement half way through. I am very very excited. So every day for the next 2 weeks I am going to push my granddaughter in the stroller and just boogie keeping track of my time to get faster and faster. This way on the day that I do it (minus the stroller and toddler) the time should even be better.

3 1/2 years ago I was walking (if I walked at all) with one or two canes. If I had to go to a mall I had to use a wheelchair. Who would have thought 3 years later I would even be doing a marathon relay let alone think of doing one. I am very pleased with my progress.

1 comments:

Carmen said...

That is wonderful!! You go girl!!