Friday, September 14, 2007

A Day in rthe Life

I finally have 2 quiet moments to breathe and thought I would play catch up. I have been watching our 3 1/2 year old granddaughter since the beginning of the month. Keith and I decided that she needed to get out of daycare and be with family. I wouldn't have been able to watch her beforehand as I couldn't lift her in and out of the playpen or the toilet or pick her up but now that she is very self sufficient (at least in her mind) she is here.

So we have been going out for nature walks (have you any idea how MANY leaves or ants are on any given sidewalk that has to be checked out in a one block area?)and doing crafts etc. I didn't want her to spend all day in front of Treehouse although I have to admit by 3 o'cclock that station is a wonderful tool hehehe. Because Lareta has been down the last week and a half, I have had Miranda off and on and the 2 girls have had a blast playing together.

Today we went to the library to register for their weekly storeytime and to get some books. I had packed a picnic lunch and it was so nice out we sat out in front afterwards and had a little picnic. Then off to the pool we went. I will be very happy to see tomorrow morning though so I can just relax and not worry about getting up early and making breakfast.

It's Keith's birthday and our anniversary next week and I wanted to go up to Whistler for the weekend but they have nothing open so will have to make do with dinner at home with friends. Not that there is anything wrong with that. May be a good time to find some new recipes although Keith hates new things. He likes his meat and potatoes.

Well that's it for me. I am going to go see if I can convince these 2 little girls that they NEED a nap :)



0 comments: