Thursday, November 20, 2008

Christmas getting to know you

Well this one is very different then the usual ones I get in my mail and as Christmas is my ultimate favorite holiday I couldn't resist:

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire email and paste into a new e-mail that you can send. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then send this to a whole bunch of people you know, INCLUDING the person that sent it to you......Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper is more enjoyable, but gift bags easier...
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real duh!
3. When do you put up the tree? December 6th this year. Always the first Saturday in December. We gather up as many grandchildren that want to go with us and we go chop down a tree. Very sad though this year that a whole week goes by before the 1st Saturday! Might have to convince Keith to move it up a week but that means doing it the same week I have surgery... he might never go for it UNLESS he doesn't put the two of them together hehehe
4. When do you take the tree down? 1st weekend of January.
5. Do you like eggnog? Love it, but don't drink too much as it gives me (the cream part) gives me really bad cramps
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a walking doll I called Susie.. where I got the name I have no idea as it is an English name
7. Hardest person to buy for? Keith by far..
8. Easiest person to buy for? Lareta!!!!! she always tells me ALL year long what she would like for presents :)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? yup
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? sheets.. cause they were something for the house that Keith NEVER got me as gifts.. but I had made the mistake of telling him that year that he was predictable and I never made that mistake again
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? the new Miracle on 49th Street
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? usually summer early fall.. this year.. have not even started
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? caramel slices that my mom used to make
16. Lights on the tree? Yes! Lights everywhere! I love Christmas lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night..sung by Celine Dion wish it was in the Hymn book so we could sing it in Dec.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay Home unless going to one of the children's home but never travel away just the 2 of us on vacation.. are you kidding me??
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...oh and Rudolph!
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? angel.. this year will make 31st year with same angel.. Keith gave it to me our 1st Christmas together
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve at midnight
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? no snow. hard to remember and get excited about Christmas when it is raining outside
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I have a memory tree.. nothing matches (except for 2 decorations I got from Carm :) hehe)all my ornaments mean something.. someone gave/made it for me or we got from a certain place.. I still have some from when our children were little. each of our children and grandchildren have their very own ornament that goes on the tree... oh shoot I need to get one for Kloie!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? all my children and grandchildren with me
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? a clean bill of health

0 comments: