Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Book Review #1 When Ghosts Speaks

Ok here it is.. my first official book review. I wanted to get this one done earlier but I ended up going back home unexpectedly last week for a family member funeral. And of course I unknowningly packed the book in the checked in bag. By the time I realized it, it was too late so I did the next best thing and went to the airport book store to get a book to read. There in front of my eyes was the latest political thriller. MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE kind of book to read. Yeah I know.. I'm weird what can I say. So of course by the time I landed in Sask I was hooked into the storey line and had to finish that book so it took longer to get this review done.

When Ghosts Speak by Mary Ann Winkowski

This book was on understanding the world of earthbound spirits. It focused on the fact that when a person dies there is a light that the spirit needs to cross into. For some reasons (which she goes into), some spirits don't cross; some are because they hear their family members saying "Please don't leave me I need you" so they stay; some are just spiteful and want to expend revenge; some just get caught up in the newness of it all and miss their opportunity to cross over. The light is only available for a short period of time.

I knew a lot of what she spoke about having gone through a lot in my years. But there were some good points, some weird points, and some points that made me think hmmm. Then there were the points that made the hairs stand up on your neck. She did touch on health issues that made me reread that chapter several times although if I went into my doctor's office to tell her the reason I am not getting better is because I am surrounded with spirits and they are feeding off my negative energy, would probably be enough for her to check me in the nearest psych ward.

She spoke of unexplained headaches, intestinal problems, trouble sleeping - either going to sleep or continued waking up (DUH have you been peeking in on me?), Fatigued even when supposedly rested, even being diagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome or fibromyalgia meaning the more energy a ghost takes from you the less you have, unexplained anxiety (hmm OCD), inappropriate anger or irritation (I wonder if that includes lack of patience with others), vision problems (who has ever heard of a 45 year old having to have cataracts removed from both eyes) and etc.

She concludes by saying that after reading the book, we should know when we die, crossing into the white light is unquestionably the right thing to do. We all have the choice whether or not to do so. She explains what to do when you run into ghosts and how to tell if you have one or more in your home or life. That is about it?

How was it? Did it entice you to read it? Make you rethink our relationship? :) She does have a website if you are interested in learning more:

www.maryannwinkowski.com

Onto the next book...........

0 comments: