Saturday, June 25, 2005

Pride goeth before the fall

Does anyone know where that fine line is between having pride in your work, in your appearance, in your work, in your home and being prideful?

In Proverbs 16:18 it states:

"Pride goeth before the destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall. Better it is to be of a humble spirit, then to divide the spoils with the proud."

I think we all know how destructive pride is when used in excess but where is that defining line of when it's ok to be proud and when it is not?

1 comments:

Mary Siever said...

Hmmm...this is a hard one. Pres Benson said that pride is never good and I remember my grandpa commenting on this and saying that it is better to be "pleased". I think maybe the key is to remember that whatever our accomplishments, we are always in the Lord's hands. We can be pleased with what we have done, but also know that nothing can be done without the Lord's will and help.

I find that being a mum, I have a harder time being too prideful of my children's accomplishments, lol! I am more able to be humble about myself, but when it comes to my children...that's another story!!!!!! hehe