Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Busy Busier Busiest

I had a "heated" discussion today of how people are getting detached from social circles, no one gets together with friends to go hang out, go to movies, have dinner etc...I was told that it is because people are busy? And then I got told that the reason we don't get invited is because I am always "too busy" or so people think. Really? That is the reason? Because people think I am too busy?

I don't get that. I have the same 24 hours in the same 365 days that I had 20, 30, 40 years ago..that has never changed. I think I do a whole heck of a lot less now then I ever did.

10 years ago I was a hotel Controller responsible for millions of dollars, accounts payable, accounts receivable, yearly budget, payroll...if it had a dollar sign on it I dealt with it.

20 years ago I moved here..what I left behind was a full time nursing at a hospital, in my "free" time I worked part time as a councilor at a sexual assault centre, part time at a walk in medical clinic, part time at a farmers market from May to October. I also was in the Stake AND Ward Primary Presidencies at the same time and raised 5 teenagers with a husband who was out of town for many many days

30 years ago I had 5 children under the age of 8 and I was going to school full time to be a nurse.

Yup I guess they are right. I am more busy then when I was younger...although maybe it's that new deodorant I have been using....

0 comments: