Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Dressing Bodies

Well today I had a first experience. I got to dress a woman who had passed away. The family had requested that I do it... apparently she had requested it before she died. I didn't realize I had left such a lasting impression on her. I was very honoured but I have to admit it was the most difficult thing I have ever done. Being the perfectionist that I am, it took me forever to get things just right. I kept thinking of how I would want my clothes on. I am sure the funeral home staff must have wondered who I was talking to as they could hear me rambling on but it made it less "freaky" if I kept on a conversation like she could actually answer back.

It's not an experience I want to repeat any time soon let me tell you but it has made me change a few things in my "to do" list of things that I want done when I die.

1 comments:

Carmen said...

That is amazing. What an opporunity. Good for you for being able to do it.